LAW 401 Assessment item 3 Exam Overview document
Answer the question in topic 1 using a short essay format. This should not be less than 200 words and not exceed 500 words. Mark/ TOPIC 1 Family Law
Under the Family Law Act a court must take into account’ the best interests of the child”. What does this mean? What are the factors the court is to consider in determining the best interests of the child and how do these operate
Family law and children
Answer the following questions using a short answer format. Each should clearly answer the question 1 What is parental responsibility?
2. What is a parenting plan?
3. What is a parenting order?
4. On what grounds does the court still retain the right to vary the provision of a parenting plan if it considers it is in the best interests of the child? 5. What was meant by the following terms no longer used in the FLA? a) Residence order
b) Contact order
c) Specific issues order
6)What is Alternative Dispute Resolution(ADR)
7)What is Family Dispute Resolution (FDR)
7)What are Family Relationship Centres and what are their function? 8)What is Phase 1 of the 3 stage process within the FLA for implementing compulsory FDR? Mark/10
TOPIC 2 Child welfare law
Answer the following questions using a short answer format. Each should clearly answer the question 1. What were the shortcomings of the previous system of child protection in NSW that led to the need for reform of that system?
2. What is the definition of ‘parental responsibility in the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW) and compare this to the definition in the Family Law Act (FLA)
3. What is the importance of the objects and principles provisions of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW)
4. Summarise the ‘participation principle’.
5. What is the procedure for obtaining a care order in the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW)
Please join StudyMode to read the full document