Who developed mathematical formulas that could calculate celestial and weather patterns?
2. Who founded the African Methodist Episcopal Church?
3. What famous jazz musician is famous for puffing up his cheeks? 4. Who was the first Black woman to drive a U S Postal stagecoach? @5. Name the first Black to win an elected office in the U. S. 6. Booker T. Washington had dinner with what American president? 7. Who were the Kansas City Monarchs?
8. What is Hoppin' John?
9. What actor & rapper starred in the movie Men In Black?
10. Representative Maxine Waters represents what state?
The Black Heritage Trivia Game Section 4 Page 2
Section 4 Page 2
11. What month is Black History celebrated?
12. "Thrilla in Manila" refers to what sporting event?
13. Name the "Father of Ragtime."
14. Lew Alcindor, the basketball star, is better known by what name? @15. Who was the first Black undergraduate at the University of Mississippi? @16. Who wrote the book Before the Mayflower?
@17. Who was the first African American appointed to a Presidential cabinet? 18. Name the player from the Negro baseball league who was known as the “Black BabeRuth.” 19. What does the initial "T" in Booker T. Washington stand for? @20. Name the 1950’s jazz club that was named after Charlie Parker. 21. What is Spike Lee's first name?
The Black Heritage Trivia Game Section 4 Page 3
Section 4 Page 3
22. Who was Oscar Micheaux?
23. What invention did African American Frederick Jones work on that still helps modern day food preservation?
@24. Name the year that the Supreme Court struck down a Virginia law prohibiting marriage between Blacks and Whites. 25. Who was the first Black Miss America?
26. Name the sculptor who designed the Franklin D. Roosevelt dime. 27. Coleman Hawkins played what musical instrument?
@28. Name the first African American officer transferred to the regular Navy. 29. How many gold medals did Wilma Rudolph win at the 1960 Olympic games? 30. Name the seven principles of Kwanzaa.
31. Who wrote the novel, Their Eyes Were Watching God?
The Black Heritage Trivia Game Section 4 Page 4
Section 4 Page 4
32. Who developed a drug to treat glaucoma, a disease of the eye? 33. What was jazz musician Charlie Parker's nickname?
34. Muhammad Ali defeated George Foreman in what country to win the heavyweight championship?
35. Name the first president of Liberia
36. Black architect Paul R. Williams designed a memorial to servicemen killed where? 37. In what years did Reverend Jesse Jackson run for President of the United States? 38. Which African nation was founded by African Americans?
39. Which book earned Toni Morrison a Pulitzer Prize?
40. Who wrote the Pulitzer Prize-winning book of poems Annie Allen? 41. The Globetrotters were a famous sports team of the 1960’s. Name the sport. 42. President Clinton had two African American Surgeon Generals. Name them. The Black Heritage Trivia Game Section 4 Page 5
Section 4 Page 5
@43. Name the first African American director of the National Park Service. 44. What national figure coined the phrase "Black Is Beautiful?" 45. In what year was the National Urban League founded?
46. Name the singer who was called the "Empress of the Blues." 47. What month and year was Malcolm X assassinated?
@48. Who bought Beatrice International, a giant food conglomerate? 49. Who was Betty Shabazz's husband?
50. Jesse Jackson founded the organization named PUSH. What words do the letters represent?
51. Who played “Chicken George” in the miniseries Roots? 52. Who was the first professional Black golfer to reach one million dollars in earnings? 53. Debi Thomas is known as a champion in what sport?
The Black Heritage Trivia Game Section 4 Page 6
Section 4 Page 6
@54. What famous Olympic champion was standing at Senator Robert Kennedy's side when he was fatally shot by Sirhan Sirhan? @55. Who led the Poor People's March on 1968?
56. Name two out of three of the original members of the singing group the Supremes....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document