Apply and Maintain Nail enhancements
By Paige Sophia Sheffield
Page 1 - Health and Safety and Industry codes for nail services Page 2 - Health and Safety and Industry codes for nail services Page 3 - Health and Safety and Industry codes for nail services Page 4 - Health and Safety and Industry codes for nail services Page 5- Health and Safety and Industry codes for nail services Page 5- Preparation for nail services
Page 6- Preparation for nail services
Page 7- Structures Of the nails and skin
Page 8- Structures Of the nails and skin
Page9- Structure of the nails and skin
Page 10- structure of the nail and skin
Page 11- structure of the nail and skin
Page 11- Different Nail Shapes
Page 12 Different Nail Shapes
Page 13 – Different nail shapes
Page 13 Disorders and diseases that restrict treatments
Page14- Disorders and diseases that restrict treatments
Page 15- Disorders and diseases that restrict treatments
Page 16 –Disorders and diseases that restrict treatments
Page 17 – Three types of nail enhancements
Page 18 – Three types of Nail enhancements
Page 19 – Environmental Condition for nail enchantments
Page 20- Chemical Process for Nail Enhancements
Page 21- Chemical process for Nail Enhancements
Page 21- Adapting nail enhancements for clients
Page 22- Adapting Nail enhancements for clients
Page 23-Advantages of Nail enhancements
Page 24 Advantages of nail enhancements
Health and Safety and Industry codes for nail services
Nail salons/bars are becoming a more common high streets due to the increase in popularity of acrylic nails. It is important that health and safety is enforced so that procedures on nail enhancements does not affect the health and safety for the nail technician and or client.
Age restrictions to nail enhancements
* England wales and Ireland no nails treatments for clients under the age of 18 * Scotland no nail treatments for client under the age of 16
Hazards associated with Nail Enhancements on nails are the following: * Bacterial, viral and fungal infections
* Skin contact, inhalation and ingestion of harmful chemicals and nail dust
* Bad Ventilation In the salon
Procedures/Enforcements that can help prevent Health hazards * Treat the natural nail, cuticle and skin around the nail with care and make sure all tools used are sterilized and you also remove any bacteria that may be present on the nails.
* Ask for the chemical safety data sheets from your supplier so your colleges have a Good knowledge how to use chemicals correctly when Performing Nail Enhancements on clients. * Follow the COSHH
* Make sure your salon is well ventilated. General ventilation is best if you have ventilation from the front to the back of the salon this reduces the amount of chemicals present in the air.
* You can Reduce the amount of chemicals in the air by keeping the products closed
* Technicians and clients should wash and dry their hands before and after cosmetic treatment to reduce the risk of infection.
COSSH Regulations for nails services
According to the COSHH Regulation requirements to nail services, each employers have the legal duty to:
* Calculate the risks to workers from hazardous substances present or generated in the workplace.
* Control the exposure of employees and others to any hazardous substances present or generated in the workplace.
* Make certain that the control measures, including engineering and personal protective equipment, are properly maintained.
* Arrange for checks of the workplace exposures to hazardous substances and health surveillance for the workers.
* Ensure that workers are given information, training, and instructions regarding the possible effects of exposure to hazardous substances.
COSHH also requires employees to follow the working practices that are intended to ensure the low risk of exposure to chemicals ECT. The...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document